Return to the list

Abbaye Royale de l'Epau

Founded in 1229 by Bérengère de Navarre, widow of Richard the Lion Heart, it is one of the most beautiful Cistercian works in France. It was acquired by the Sarthe Department in 1959.

Address : Route de Changé
72530 YVRE-L'EVEQUE
FRANCE

Contact: Abbaye Royale de l'Epau

For further information, please contact the service provider directly by completing the form below

Further information to help you get around
Date of stay
Recevoir des informations de la part d’ « enpaysdelaloire.com »
The information that you send us is for the sole use of the regional public company of Pays de la Loire: we promise not to share it with any third parties.
Accueil Vélo

Presentation of: Abbaye Royale de l'Epau

Opening times
Closing days: Fermeture annuelle du 29 janvier au 13 février 2024 inclus
Site theme
Abbey
Cloister
Monastery
Site category
Registered and listed sites
Architectural style of the site
Gothic
Medieval
Romanesque
Payment methods
Credit card
Cheques and postal orders
Holiday vouchers
Visits
Free tours (individuelles): Yes
Guided tours (individuelles): Yes
Average duration of visit (individuelles) : @duration of visit
Free tours (groupes): Yes
Guided tours on request (groupes): Yes
Guided tours (groupes): Yes
Average duration of visit (groupes) : @duration of visit
Visit languages
Visit: French, English
Audio guide: English, French
Billboards: French, English
Access map, location
Public transport: 0,5 Km
Road (national / local): 5 Km
Motorway: 5 Km
SNCF train station: 5 Km
Bus station: 5 Km
Airport / aerodrome: 10 Km
Spoken language
English
French
Facilities
Restaurant
Equipped conference room
Services
Shop
Wifi access
Further information
Groups accepted starting from 10 persons
Pets not allowed (Chiens d'accompagnement autorisés)
Visible point of interest without tour
Sarthe Culture
©Air2D3
Sarthe Culture
©CCS
©CCS
©Air2D3
©Air2D3
Sarthe Culture
Sarthe Culture
Sarthe Culture

Other: Patrimoine religieux

Abbaye Royale

SAINT-MICHEL-EN-L'HERM

The abbey was founded in 682 AD on a limestone islet. Following the Concordat of 1516, it became a royal abbey.

Le calvaire de la Cossonnerie

SAINTE-PAZANNE

Erected here and there in villages and in the borough, more than a hundred years old for the most part, the ordeals of the parish