Our best Michelin-starred gourmet restaurants
For the 2020 edition of the famous Michelin Guide, a new star shines in the Atlantic Loire sky: La Table du Boisniard in Chambretaud gets its first star. In total, the Atlantic Loire Valley boasts 19 Michelin-starred restaurants!
Make the most of your stay and treat your taste buds to absolute bliss. Opportunities abound in the Atlantic Loire Valley for avid foodies to have a ball, with refined, modern dishes that showcase exceptional local produce. In 2020, 19 restaurants were awarded or retained one or two Michelin stars… plenty to satisfy your gourmet cravings in Angers, Nantes, Saumur, Noirmoutier and Le Mans.
A new starred restaurant in Vendée : La Table du Boisniard
At the Table du Boisniard, Valentin Morice has just been awarded his first Michelin star at just 26 years of age. He will amaze you with his innovative cuisine, which he has been passionately preparing for the past 4 years at the Table du Boisniard. Nestled in the heart of the Château du Boisniard estate, this starred gastronomic restaurant is 5 minutes from the Puy du Fou, 15 minutes from Cholet and 1 hour from Angers.
Its creative and refined cuisine features local produce and organic wines selected by its sommelier. His signature dish? Breton langoustine, celery ravioli, fir tree and creamy extraction.
Confirmation of its star in Nantes for the Restaurant "LuluRouget"
Just a stone's throw from the Machines de l’Île in Nantes, chef Ludovic Pouzelgues’s gourmet restaurant has just received its first Michelin star. This Nantes restaurant is the second in the Cité des Ducs de Bretagne to appear in this internationally renowned gourmet food guide.
‘LuluRouget’ can be spotted a mile away: its bold architecture - a glass cube, combined with concrete and wood – is a perfect setting to house its modern cuisine. Its ‘eyes shut’ menu (Les yeux fermés) is available as a 3- or 4-stage culinary experience at lunchtime, with 4 or 5 stages available for dinner. This invitation to a mysterious gourmet journey has made it famous. And how could you resist its incredible ‘Petit Lulu au Parmesan’?
‘Lait Thym Sel’ in Angers, a first star renewed
What a culinary performance for the Angers-based chef Gaëtan Morvan and his partner Fanny Gardier who runs front of house! They have recently received their first star for the restaurant they run as a couple, driven by their love of quality produce and fine cuisine. The concept is simple and direct: ‘Lait Thym Sel’ – a homophone of the French word for spark or glint – offers a single tasting menu comprising 7 dishes. It is changed twice a week. When you reserve your table, you can let them know of any dietary restrictions or requirements... but the chef will only reveal the menu once you arrive.
Working with small-scale local producers, the chef offers dishes that are full of flavour and creativity, while making sure to enhance the produce without adulterating it. Located in the vibrant district of La Doutre in Angers, ‘Lait Thym Sel’ is a cosy gourmet restaurant that is very popular for its fine, yet original cuisine. Good to know: the restaurant is open for dinner only.
All the Michelin-starred restaurants in the Atlantic Loire Valley
You can find excellent gourmet restaurants all over the Atlantic Loire Valley. All their chefs are eager to promote local produce while offering creativity and refinement on each plate.
Michelin-starred restaurants in the Loire-Atlantique
- Manoir de la Boulaie in Haute-Goulaine -1 Michelin star
- Anne de Bretagne in La Plaine-sur-Mer - 2 Michelin stars
- La Mare aux Oiseaux in Saint-Joachim - 1 Michelin star
- LuluRouget in Nantes - 1 Michelin star
- L’Atlantide 1874 - Maison Guého in Nantes - 1 Michelin star
Michelin-starred restaurants in the Maine-et-Loire
- Le Favre d'Anne in Angers - 1 Michelin star
- Lait Thym Sel in Angers - 1 Michelin star
- La Table de la bergerie in Champs-sur-Layon - 1 Michelin star
- Fontevraud Le Restaurant in Fontevraud - 1 Michelin star
- Le Gambetta in Saumur - 1 Michelin star
Michelin-starred restaurant in the Mayenne
- L’Eveil des Sens in Mayenne - 1 Michelin star
Michelin-starred restaurants in the Sarthe
- L’Auberge de Bagatelle in Le Mans - 1 Michelin star
Michelin-starred restaurants in the Vendée
- La Marine in L'Herbaudière in Noirmoutier - 2 Michelin stars
- Restaurant JM Pérochon in Brétignolles-sur-Mer - 1 Michelin star
- La Robe in Montaigu - 1 Michelin star
- Le Pousse-pied in La Tranche-sur-Mer - 1 Michelin star
- Les Genêts in Brem-sur-Mer - 1 Michelin star
- Restaurant Therry Drapeau in Saint-Sulpice-le-Verdon - 1 Michelin star
- La Table du Boisniard in Chambretaud - 1 Michelin star