RESERVE BIOLOGIQUE DEPARTEMENTALE
Preserved and managed by the Vendée, a mosaic of natural areas of the Marais Poitevin make up this 146ha nature reserve. It's home to over 1200 flora and fauna remarkable species
Contact: RESERVE BIOLOGIQUE DEPARTEMENTALE
For further information, please contact the service provider directly by completing the form below
Presentation of: RESERVE BIOLOGIQUE DEPARTEMENTALE
- Immerse yourself in the history of the marsh of the Huttes to understand the mosaic of landscape that is before you today
- In the projection room, contemplate the biodiversity of the site on a large screen
- Observe the naturalist collections, which bears witness to the richness of life in the reserve.
From the Maison de la Réserve, choose your discovery route:
- The Huttiers trail (1km) punctuated by reading tables to understand the history of the site and the Huttiers' way of life.
- The Naturaliste trail (3km) equipped with two observatories, to discover the biodiversity of the marsh: flowers, insects, fauna... Keep an eye out! Free binocular loan at the reception.
A family visit!
- "To the rescue of the otter", a fun and connected walk in the heart of the marsh: equipped with your own smartphone, follow the trail of a young otter through the maze of the marsh. Download the Baludik app for free on the App Store or Google Play.
- Scavenger hunt, for the ages 3 and older : as a family, collect clues and solve puzzles to find the mysterious animal.
The Maison de la Réserve welcomes you in 2019:
From May 4 to June 30: every day except Monday from 2pm to 6pm
From July 1st to August 31st: every day from 11am to 7pm.
Guided tours every day at 2:30 pm and 4:30 pm
From September 1st to October 20th: Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday from 2pm to 6pm
From October 21 to November 3: every day from 2pm to 6pm
During school holidays: every Wednesday and Friday at 3pm, thematic nature outings are offered for those who are curious about nature... ask for the entertainment program!
Book your entertainment at 02.51.97.69.80 or on www.sitesnaturels.vendee.fr
Children and adults are welcome by reservation.
Access is difficult for people with reduced mobility and strollers."